Donnerstag, 5. April 2012

Indymedia: Syntagma / Greece ...

Today a 77 year old retired man committed suicide in Syntagma square, Greece. He left a letter before he shot himself. Bellow is the link with the picture and a rough translation of the letter.

“ The Tsolakoglou* occupation government literally nullified my ability to survive with a decent pension, which I had to pay (without government aid) for 35 years.

Since I am of an age that prevents me from giving a substantial response (without of course ruling out the possibility of following a kalashnikov-wielding Greek), I cannot find any choice other than a dignified end, before I would have to resort to rooting through the garbage for my nutritional needs.

I believe that the youth without a future will one day take up arms and hang the national traitors upside down at the syntagma square, as the Italians did in 1945 with Mussolini (Piazzale Loreto of Milan)

[*Georgios Tsolakoglou was a Greek military officer who became the first Prime Minister of the Greek collaborationist government during the Axis Occupation in 1941-1942.] “

Posted via email from ulibeudgen's posterous

Keine Kommentare: